Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vegan / Paleo Tasty Green Monster Smoothie

I saw this pinned on Pinterest from Hell if I Gnaw, and was inspired to make my own single serving smoothie from fresh ingredients instead of frozen and without the protein powder (I hate the taste, plus I don't have any!). Here is what I came up with:

All of the ingredients I kind of guesstimated and just put in what looked good. The more berries, the better! First, I put about 1 Cup of vanilla almond milk. Then, three heaping tablespoons of ground flax seed (YUM, Omega 3's!). Then I layered in baby spinach (I ran out of just spinach, so I picked it out of my 50/50 Spring mix lol), fresh blueberries and sliced fresh strawberries. The original recipe says to leave the stems and leaves on the strawberries for extra fiber and nutrients, but I had already sliced up all of my strawberries so they would be easier to grab and give to Audrey to eat. I blended it up and tasted it and it was too sour, so I added a whole banana (the original recipe said put in 1/2 a banana, but I was going by the picture more than anything and didn't notice).
YUM!
Berry Monster Smoothie
1/2 C Sweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
3 T Ground Flax Seed
1/4 C Fresh Baby Spinach
1 C Fresh Blueberries
1 C Fresh Strawberries
1 Banana

Blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment